I stumbled up on this Tony Robbins lesson tape a while ago and wow, for me it was a game changer. Sure, I knew I was missing something or not getting the most of out life so I took this list into my own hands and did some self reflection. I didn’t realize I really weighed heavily on Certainty and significance in jobs I had held, relationships i had etc but also Growth. Here are some take away I got from this lesson.
The Fundamental 4: People need these four things to really be stable in whatever they purse, a new career, a relationship, or a hobby.
- Certainty- A daily routine, knowing that funds will being coming in, planning out what is next and sticking to it. What is your daily routine? Do you have a plan? Do you have a plan B? Is this going to last?
- Variety- adding a new venture or event to the day to make it fun and exciting, or new task or habit. What are you doing to make things fun?
- Significance- feeling you are important and mean something in the relationship or job you are in, that the venture you are pursing is something you are passionate about, it means more to you than anything. Is this something you are wanting to do? How does this event, job or person make you feel?
- Connection/love – feeling needed, wanted, or desired. Are you feeling needed, wanted or desired? How can you make more of a connection?
The Freedom 2: These are icings on the cake. If you don’t have these two as well as the previous four, its time to take a good hard look into what you really want and how to go it.
- Contribution- how and what you are contributing to your cause, job, relationship. What are you contributing to the job or career you are venturing or relationship? Your wit, good looks, skills, intelligence, passion, courage, encouragement?
- Growth- This is important! Are you growing personally, business, financially, or career wise? Are you learning something new? Are you bettering yourself? Taking steps upward to the next level?
All to me are important but I think Growth is most important. If you are not feeling like you are going somewhere you may need to consider your skills and go from there. Whether it’s improving the ones you have or gaining skills to be more successful. Which of the 6 needs is most important? Why?