With the weather changing it can be difficult to keep a positive mindset. Those who suffer from SAD, Seasonal Affected Disorder have, depression symptoms and lack of vitamin D during fall and winter seasons. Since I have been meditating and sticking to my morning routine, this really hasn’t been an issue. By meditating under a happy lamp and taking vitamin D every morning, it has really helped this season changed. Here are some other ways to change your mindset and create those good feels.
- Don’t watch the news or listen to the radio. There is a lot of negative news on both. You can hear negative news from other people. No need to watch it, immerse yourself in it and feel bad. You deserve to feel good. Remember negative thoughts manifest more negativity.
- Turn on some happy music, one with a fun beat and fun words that are easy to sing.
- Sing a song you know all the words to, a happy song. Example: “Feelin’ Good” by Michael Buble’. Songs with positive words will help change the negative words running in your head to positive ones.
- Dance around, in your car, in your house just because or while doing chores.
- Meditate: listen to one that is inspiring and helps you think of the positive things. You’ll feel emotionally and spiritually relaxed.
- Exercise: go for a run, lift some weights or body weight workouts at a high pace. Increases endorphins which help you feel euphoric or happy.
- Go on an adventure to the mountains, lake, river or ocean. Hike, camp and take pictures of nature.
- Do something that makes you happy. A craft, play a musical instrument, write, draw, play with your pet or game.
What are some things you do to keep your mood positive? Share, like and comment!
Keep kicking and Smiling!- TJ Banski