After a long day at work, I wanted to make something quick and easy. I figured why not make some chili? Chili for me is a fall meal that is easy to make and makes my tummy feel nice and warm. I eat it with cornbread- gluten-free of course, and/ or rice.
Feeds 2-6 people
Total serving 10
20-30 cook and prep time
- 2 lbs of ground beef- preferred 80% lean and 20% fat
- Two can of Bush’s beans- any flavor but I used smokey
- 1-2 cups Pace Salsa
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 onion
- Chili powder – optional if you like it with a little heat- will come out sweet without
- Salt and pepper
- Brown minced garlic and onion in a large pot over the stove on medium-high
- Add ground beef- brown the meat and drain any excess grease
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- Stir in beans
- Stir in pace salsa
- Let cook for about 15 minutes on medium
- Add chili powder
- Let simmer on low for another 10 minutes
- Serve over cornbread or on the side!
What is your favorite fall meal?
Keep kicking and smiling- TJ Banski