Prepare your heart and tummy for a keto and gluten-free meal that is super filling, greasy, and possibly arty clogging. Hopefully, not the last part but you get my drift. While browsing cooking videos, I came upon this recipe that you can literally add more ingredients too and make it your own.
Delicious and dense as wells as high in protein and fats. Let me break it down.
Prep time 30 minutes
Cook time 1 hour
- 2 large onions- sweet, white or red
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Pepper
- One pound of bacon
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 cup of Shredded Cheese of your choice- I used Colby
- BBQ sauce – I used Baby Rays BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups of Rice
- Diced veggies of your choosing
- Take one large onion peel off dried layer and cut off both ends.
2. Cut through onion half way
3. Carefully remove reach layer and set on large platter
4. If the center piece is still intact, dice it and set aside
Putting it all together:
- In a large bowl mix together thoroughly the ground beef, and onion
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper
3. Add diced garlic and optional ingredients.Form balls of ground beef mixture and insert into onion layer.
4. Wrap onion ball with bacon with 1-3 strips of bacon and secure with a short wooden skewer
5. For baking: Preset oven to 425 degrees- wrap bacon onion bombs in tin foil, cook for 40 minutes or until the center of bacon onion bomb is 165 degrees.
6. For bbq: place on rack and cook until center is 160-165 degrees or about 40-60 minutes
7. Once done you can glaze with bbq and let cook another 5-10 minutes
8. Eat and enjoy!
I enjoyed eating this meal. It’s a wee bit messy but so great for cookouts and BBQs.
What is your latest meal masterpiece?
Keep living life with a kick and smile! –TJ Banski