Chicken Pasta Salad
A summer favorite at my folks house. My mom made this all the time with different variations of ingredients. Great for summer bbq’s, an easy to serve and eat meal.
Prep time: 45 minutes ish
- 4 Good Sized Chicken Breasts
- 18 oz bag of Cork Screw pasta- Gluten free or not- your choice
- 6-8 Celery stalk
- 1 can of Pineapple bits
- 1/2 Yellow Onion or sweet Onion
- 2 tsp of mustard
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 cup of Mayo
- Optional: Crazins, raisins, and/or olives
- Boil chicken breast until tender or until inner temperature is 165 degrees
- While chicken is boiling, dice up celery and onion
- Mix celery and onion with wet ingredients into large bowl
- Boil pasta for 8-10 minutes if rice noodles, 10-15 if other type, remove pasta from heat once done
- Once Chicken is to temp and cooled, cut and shred into fine strips
- Mix chicken into Celery and onion mixture.
- Drain water from noodles and add to chicken celery and onion mix.
- Refrigerate to until cool, then serve
- Dig in! Eat up before it’s all gone!